About this policy
Newton Subsea provide skilled personnel to the survey industry and during the course of our work we handle individuals’ personal data. We are committed to protecting the privacy of this personal information and we take the responsibility regarding the security of this data very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information. All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This policy sets out the following:
- Who we are – the Data Controller
- What personal data we collect and why
- How we collect personal data and the lawful basis for doing so
- Security of your personal data
- Sharing your personal data
- Your data protection rights
Who we are
“Newton Subsea” (referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” or “Newton” in this policy) refers to Newton Subsea Ltd, and, where appropriate, to other companies in the Newton Subsea group. Newton Subsea Ltd is the “Data Controller” of all personal information that is collected for the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation GDPR. Newton Subsea Ltd is registered in Malta with registration number C73027 and the registered office is at Level 4, Suite 8A, Rosa Marina Buildings, 216 Marina Seafront, Pietà PTA 9041, Malta. Our lead regulatory authority is the Information and Data Protection Commissioner (IDPC).
What personal data we collect and why
The personal data we collect can include, for example, name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, age, gender, marital status, passport copies and other forms of identification, banking details, social security and tax reference numbers, next-of-kin details, training certificates, medical details, academic and professional qualifications & certificates, occupational licence details, visas & work permits, CV, employment history and professional references.
We aim to collect this information, only as reasonably necessary, for the specific purpose of finding you employment, facilitating logistics and managing your employment contract, which includes administering your pay, handling any tax and social security where applicable, handling work QHSE issues, providing insurance cover and dealing with any work related medical emergencies.
How we collect personal data and the lawful basis for doing so
We collect personal information from individuals who submit their data to us directly via our website and via a registration form. On our website you can upload summary information about yourself and a copy of your CV. If you wish to register for our employment service we will provide you with a link to a detailed personal data collection form and for each of these channels you will be asked to provide your active consent to Newton in order for us to accept, hold and process this personal data on your behalf.
The lawful basis under Article 6 of the GDPR for Newton to process your personal data is your active consent having been given for the specific purpose of finding you employment, facilitating logistics and managing your employment contract.
Special category data. Personnel working offshore may be working in a remote location without ready access to comprehensive medical facilities. Personnel are therefore requested to notify us of any:
- Prescription medication being taken
- Medical conditions which could affect performance of work duties.
The condition for processing this data is that it is necessary for the purposes of preventive or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee.
Security of your personal data
We follow strict data security procedures in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, and we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. We train all our staff who deal with personal data regarding our policies and procedures.
Sharing your personal data
Newton will only use your personal data for the primary specific purpose of finding you employment, facilitating logistics and managing your employment contract. We will not use your information for any secondary purpose unless we obtain your written consent or an exception applies such as a life threatening medical emergency.
- Prospective clients – for you to be considered for employment opportunities
- Insurance providers – to disclose details of accidents or incidents
- Health professionals – to provide health information for use in a medical emergency
- Next of kin – to inform family members in case of a serious accident or illness
- Government agencies – to comply with our legal obligations for example for the payment of tax
Your data protection rights
The GDPR provides you with the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Restrict processing of your personal information. You can ask us to suspend the processing of information about you, for example in order to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Data portability of your personal information. You can ask to receive your data in an electronically useable format either in a file sent directly to you or to another data controller that you specify.
- Object to processing of your personal information in certain circumstances e.g. for direct marketing.
- Object to automated decision-making including profiling. We do not use this form of processing.
- Withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time for the processing of the data for the purposes originally agreed to. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please send an email to email@example.com stating clearly your reasons.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information, or to exercise any of your other rights. We will take appropriate security measures to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Last updated: 23 May 2018